20 February 2018

Everyday Minimal Makeup & Skincare


Everything has become very minimal in my makeup and skincare routine lately because of a horrendous breakout of dermatitis below my nose and chin. I've had to go back to the basics and I'm not bad about it at all. This breakout of dermatitis is something I've never experienced before and as someone who has always looked after there skin, it kind of freaked me out a little. Despite the dermatitis, life still went on believe it or not so these are the products I've been working with over the past couple of months.

This should really be no surprise to anyone. I've loved and used this stuff for years now. It's great for several different reasons. It's gentle enough for daily use, it removes oils without over drying the skin but also because tea tree has antibacterial properties it's great for the prevention of blemishes. 

It's important to note that I haven't been exfoliating my skin as much as I use too, not around the dermatitis anyway. I don't want to irritate the skin anymore than it already appears to be but I will gently exfoliate maybe once a week just to clear any extra build up in my pores which isn't good for the healing process of dermatitis. I've used St Ives products for as long as I can remember and they have an amazing range of products that I think are definitely worth checking out. 

Simple skincare products are great because they don't contain any harsh chemicals, artificial perfumes or colours that may up set your skin. When I asked my doctor what she recommended I used to kind up face hydrated while the dermatitis healed, she suggested something that wouldn't clog pores and didn't have any of the nasties. I immediately thought of the Simple skincare brand. I know how great their products are from using them before and knew that they didn't have the chemicals or perfumes. So far, using this product on my face has keep the dermatitis hydrated and help prevent flakiness. I definitely recommend the Simple skincare brand. 

This combination of products is what I have been using when it comes do achieving fuller brows. You should all know by now my obsession with the Natio Brow Kit, I've talked about it for years but thee Chichi Brow Pomade is new to my collection. You could 100% use the pomade on its own but I'm still getting use to using the product so I like to combine both so I don't end up with what looks like black caterpillars on my face. Both products give a gorgeous look, separately or together. I really don't have anything bad to say about either of them. 

The only mascara I have been using lately is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara. I actually don't have words for this mascara. I just freaking love it. It gives my lashes a thick, curved and volumising appearance. I truly swear by this mascara. 

Much love, B x







No comments:

Post a Comment