27 July 2017

In-Depth Skincare Routine




Skincare is my downfall, not because I don't do it but because I have way to many products. I enjoy looking after my skin and trying new products. I can't stress how important it is to look after your skin. I think it's also important to think about how having a clean, moisturised face is going to improve your makeup application and the longevity of it. 

In the winter my skin is extremely dehydrated which means that I enjoy using products that having hydrating properties to them. I normally only get the odd hormonal break which really is nothing and pretty easy to deal with. 

In this post I'm going to go into depth about the skincare products that I'm using at the moment. Under each category there is at least two products which I switch between depending on how my skin is feeling at a specific time. I throughly enjoy all of the products I'm about to mention and recommend that you do your own research into each product if you're looking into purchasing them.

MAKEUP REMOVER
I'm really not to fussed about the kind of makeup remover I use, as long as it has a decent job at removing the majority of my makeup. There are two kinds of products I use to remove my makeup. Face wipes for any face makeup and an oil based product on a cotton pad for any eye makeup. In regards to face wipes, I'm not particularly fussy but I do enjoy the $2 Green Tea ones from Kmart. For oil based eye makeup removers, I quite like the Garnier Express 2-in-1 Eye Makeup Remover. It's a beautiful product and removers any eye makeup with no pulling or tugging of the eye. If I don't have any of that specific product on hand, I'll usually just use some organic coconut oil which works just as good.

CLEANSER
The number one cleanser that I'm using at the moment is the good ole The Body Shop, Tea Tree Clearing Skin Facial Wash. This really shouldn't be any surprise because I'm always talking about how much I enjoy using this product but it's honestly fantastic at removing any oils on the skin without over drying the skin. It's also perfect for preventing blemishes as tea tree has anti-bacterial properties. Another cleanser I have been enjoying at the moment is by Lush, called Let The Good Times Roll. It acts as a cleanser but also a light exfoliant so I find it perfect for using it the morning when you don't want anything to harsh but still something that is going to leave a radiant look to your skin. Oh, and it smells bloody delicious!

EFOLIATOR 
I have one exfoliating product that I'm trying to use up at the moment because I'm looking at trying some new products in the near future but none the less, I adore using this product. The Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub leaves skin looking super healthy, helps removes dead skin and helps prevent any future blemishes. In say that, I'm definitely look forward to try some new products. If you have any recommendations for good exfoliators, then flick them my way.

TONER
Again, I only have one toner product on the go at the moment but it's one I've been using for a long time now, and I'm still really enjoying using it. It's the Body Shop, Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Facial Toner and it's great at leaving the skin shine-free but also has great anti-bacterial properties due to the tea tree.

FACE MASK
I have a few face masks on the go at the moment because they target different things. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Clay Mask and The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask will both help with blemishes, with the Tea Tree leaving a cooling calm feeling while absorbing excess oils and removing impurities. The Warming Mineral Mask, has ginger, cinnamon oil and kaolin clay in it which is great for a deep cleanse. Not only is the mask cleansing, but it's oil absorbing and the perfect weekly treatment. I'm currently also trying a few samples of The Body Shop British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask and The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask. If you have tried either of those masks I'd love to hear you thoughts and opinions on them.

MOISTURISER 
I have three moisturisers that I enjoy using for different reasons', at the moment. I've spoken about the Nivea Soft Moisturising Cream before and it's definitely my go to. It hydrates the skin beautifully and the longevity of the hydration is pretty good too. I enjoy using the Essano Rosehip SPF 15 Moisturiser in the mornings when SPF is needed. It's beautiful on the skin, moisturising due to the reship oil and the vitamin E but also great for to the SPF properties. Another moisturising product I've been testing out as of late is The Body Shop Tea Tree Mattifying Lotion. I love that this lotion has mattifying properties and although I don't have incredibly oily skin, this product is great in the T zone. It provides your skin with lightweight hydration and oil control in one.

EYE CREAM
The Wild Ferns Manuka Insensitive Refining Eye Cream has quickly become a staple in my skincare routine. With oils such as Rosehip and Almond Oil along with Vitamins A, C and E, which helps hydrates, brightens and soothes the skin. Definitely recommend this product.

LIP SCRUB
Winter is the worst time for dry skin and that includes on my lips. Lip scrubs are perfect for removing any nasty dry skin and leaves lips looking and feeling plump. The one I've been using is the classic Lush, Bubblegum Lip Scrub, and I really enjoy using it, it does everything you need a lip scrub to do.   Lush do a variety of different flavours and scents of there classic lip scrubs, there's something everyone will love.

If there are any other skincare products you think I need to try out or you think I'd love, please let me know.

B x







No comments:

Post a Comment