4 February 2016

Review: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

In the way of mascaras, Maybelline have never let me down & the Lash Sensation isn't any different. I've tried both the waterproof formula & the original formula, I find both great for different reasons.




I did some research over on the Maybelline website & this is what they claim this mascara should be like. 'Revels layers of softer, denser lashes. Unique formula is blended with precious oils.' Also; 
  • Fanning brush with ten layers of bristles to reveal every lash. 
  • The inner bristles reach a hundred percent of tiny lashes while outer bristles fan out lashes.
  • Liquid ink formula builds coat after coat on each individual lashes with zero clumps.

WATERPROOF FORMULA // 
When they say waterproof they mean waterproof, once you apply the mascara to your lashes it really isn't going anywhere. I've been swimming at the beach, I've had a shower & I've even slept with it on at one point, I think you're going to be safe with this one. The only issue I think some people might have with the waterproof formula is that it is quite hard to get off at the end of the day. I personally have tried a bunch of different make up removers, micellar waters & although some have managed it get bits & pieces off, I haven't managed to find a make up remover which is able to get it off efficiently without having to really scrub at the eye area. However one product that I have found to work magically with removing this mascara is coconut oil. I find that the coconut oil really helps break down the product leaving it super easy to remove. 

WASHABLE FORMULA // 
I have also had a chance to try the washable formula & I find this formula great as well. It wears a decent amount of time however I do like the waterproof formula better for holding the curl of my lashes. I find the only real difference between formulas is that one is waterproof & one is washable, more easy to get off at the end of the day. 

I definitely think at the end of the day it is going to come down to the fact of what you plan to do that particular day. I also what to briefly mention that the formula in both mascaras to start off with is quite wet & with the first couple of uses it can clump a little bit if you have to much product on the wand. I find that this is something that is common with many mascaras.

At the end of the day I would recommend both formulas & it comes down to personal preference. 

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment